We’re nearly there! 48-odd hours until our first Birmingham Furmeet at our new venue. And that means it’s time for our customary Final Thoughts.
• First, and most importantly, please be understanding with our new venue. They are learning about our group, just as we are working with them. Plans and layouts may change at short notice. However, we’ll do our best to keep things running smoothly
• Similarly, we want to create the best impression we can, so that our venue give us an even bigger welcome next month (and beyond). Therefore, please respect the venue and follow our Rules. This means no outside food/drink/sweets, no horseplay, and keep the alcohol drinking in moderation.
• The venue has two floors. The upper floor (indoors) is set aside for the Birmingham Furs. Due to our numbers, we will need to use other areas of the venue. But if you’re looking for a furry-only space, head upstairs!
• The Artist Alley will likely be on the lower floor. Soy will be heading it up this month – please direct any questions her way.
• Fursuit Walk: the route will be City Centre Gardens and Centenary Square. Map to follow. Tori will be leading the walk – any questions to him. He adds: “Don’t forget your own water, if you have it. You may also want to arrange a walk buddy to look out for you, hold your water, etc.”
• Anybody who can help with setup and takedown, please message me.
• And finally, feedback forms and donation jar will be returning.
And that’s about it! We’ll see you on Saturday – it’s going to be great.
G M N R S T Z
Just like Bryan Adams, everything we organisers do, we do it for you. Our Team Charter sets out how we work, as well as our team principles. And our key principle is our commitment to you, our attendees, which you can read below:
Thanks for reading, see you soon.
You’ll have seen us out and about, at meets and online. You’ll have heard of us and even spoken with us. But have you wondered what a Birmingham Furs organiser actually does?
Our main role is to ensure you guys have fun. We provide the venue and the environment for all you lovely animal-people to meet and socialise. And when you need to talk to someone about the meets, or an issue arises, we’re there for you.
To do this, we each have different roles. However we are one team, and we help each other where we can. We keep in close contact with each other, and we hold whole-team chats at least twice a month.
The organisers and their roles are here.
If you have any queries, you should contact the relevant organiser first. However all of us are here to help.
And if you want more details about how we work, you can look at our Team Charter.
Hope this helps!
Guest post from Nexus.
Hello everyone, to begin with, I want to thank you all for coming to these meets. You are an amazing bunch and you help make these meets possible.
Now let's get to the announcement. The new venue is the same distance away from the bull to the Sidewalk. It is still in central Birmingham. Definitely still a pub. Near a lot of water....I have been told off for teasing you guys too much. Now let me announce it properly.
The new venue is.....THE MALT HOUSE at Brindleyplace. It is a much bigger venue than before. We have an upstairs and an outside area as well. Over 200 seats in total. But guys, since this is a new venue, please be on your best behaviour. We as staff have worked very hard to find somewhere that fits all our needs, the guys at the Malt House are so very nice to house us and we shall be seeing them more often obviously so please be kind to them. We understand with the size of the new venue there may be teething problems and other issues but please bear with us and we can work together to make this meet amazing!
Hello everyone! There's been so much happening in preparation for our next meet on 17 June. Not everyone may be aware of what goes into organising a meet, so this blog is our space to give you a little insight.
We kicked off our prep on 17 May, before Confuzzled and one whole month before this upcoming meet. Since then, we have:
Still to do, we have:
There's still lots more happening behind the scenes. We intend to keep you a lot more up-to-date, so check back here for official announcements and news.
And of course, see you at a meet soon!